Monday 4 July 2011

Marrickville dark streets

10km easy 42:08 (4:12s)

Complete opposite scenery wise of yesterday's run - 10km around the cold dark streets of Marrickville on a Monday night. At least there were no people to dodge. A bit of a nothing run, only memorable part was while doing a few laps of the path that circles Henson Park (where the mighty Newtown Jets play), I raced a dog for at least 200m. Well, not really raced, but he chased me, snapped at my heels a few times, but I think he was annoyed I kept going and picked up the pace a bit. Some sort of fat boxer cross called Max, he got me a few times lightly, but the thick Adidas tights I was wearing did the trick. Actually his owner should have thanked me, as they both got a decent run out of it (the owner chasing yelling out the dog's name).

Legs felt very stiff today after yesterday afternoon's long run. Must be getting old..

Pain in the Domain fartlek tomorrow, although a new set of tradies is arriving at my house tomorrow for some work, so will have to play it by ear (all those reno shows - which I don't mind - always warn against absenting yourself if you can avoid it, otherwise you can come home to find out the wrong wall has been knocked down etc)

Marrickville streets

No comments:

Post a Comment