Friday 24 June 2011

Campbell Athletics Field

12km 48:14 (4:01s) incl 5km tempo 18:31 (3:42s)

Sydney put on a great day for running - perfect weather. Wanted to run on some nice flat grass today, so headed out to Campbell Athletics Field in Canterbury/Hurlestone Park. Bit of a hidden gem this track, its marked all year around, gate is always open, hardly anyone ever there (except Brendan and his Woodstock Runners on Thursday nights) and only 10 mins drive from where I live. Note to anyone running it - one lap is 400m only if running in the very outside lane, actually from memory its 397m or so. Close enough, the longer bits of grass make up for it :)

Ran nice and comfy for almost 5km around the track, picking it up slightly towards the end. Only one other person the whole time I was there - but she close to walk in the outside lane in the opposite direction to which I was running, walking a big boxer dog for a number of laps. I nearly stopped mid run and asked her if she could move in a lane - it wasn't like she had a watch and was timing her/her dog's laps - but I was in a good mood so just dodged her and the dog each lap, which kept me on my toes.

Changed shoes quickly after the tempo (felt like a tri-hard-triathlete) then headed off for 7km around Canterbury racecourse and the Cooks River. Not on the racecourse, just around the fences, although I was looking for any gates to squeeze under for next time.

Heading up to Newcastle tomorrow for the weekend for a family thing, hopefully run on a trail I found there last time. Good luck to those running State Cross Country down at Nowra.

5km tempo
7km Cooks River incl w'down

No comments:

Post a Comment