Thursday 16 June 2011

State of Origin

Wed - rested ankle
Thursday - 12km including 6km of hill circuit 54:15 (4:31s)

Took Wednesday off to prepare for State of Origin. No, actually spent a big chunk of the day (in the rain...) destroying and moving gardens in my backyard - most had edges of large rocks, so it turned into a decent workout. Shoulders and arms feel like I've played Origin. Getting new turf laid next week, so I had pretty much a whole yard to work on. At the end, ankle was swollen up, so a run wasnt the best thing to do.

Well done to the Blues on State of Origin - granted, I am a one-eyed Queenslander, but I reckon a lap of honour and massive celebrations after winning one game (ie not yet a series) seemed a bit much. But I suppose you have to celebrate your wins, and they were the better side last night. Gallen was great, Uate runs like he's possessed, and no-one seemed to do anything stupid (except maybe the usual suspects of Watmough, and Ennis might have if the game went a bit longer), but I'm confident that Qld still have the talent, nous and confidence to win the final match and the series in 3 weeks time. But maybe Thaiday should be used more sparingly - he's becoming more and more of a liability for them.

As long as ankle is good in the morning, will run something a bit quicker tomorrow, too many average/nothing runs recently, need to start finding out where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment