Thursday 9 June 2011

Down to the River

10km easy - 42.15 (4:13s)

Early morning massage to start the day - Easy Tiger worked away at a niggly ankle/calf I've had for the last couple of days. He worked his magic, and I felt I was walking on air when I left. Thanks again Tiger.

Mid morning swim with my wife and baby for his swimming class - but I suppose I shouldn't really classify holding a baby in floating hoops as a "swim". But I'm the world's worst swimmer, so I will.

Late afternoon went down to the Cooks River in South Marrickville for an easy 10km, picking up the pace towards the end. Felt good, ankle a little sore at end, nothing that ice tonight wont fix. Only had Bruce Springsteen for company, and was probably the first time I'd listened really closely to his lyrics. Man, it's so downhearted, reminiscing, but also hopeful stuff. But great as well. Oh, and I also never realised how little guitar is in "Born in the USA" - its all friggin keyboards, but I suppose it was the mid 80s...

If ankle is okay in the morning, will do some faster stuff

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/91153749

No comments:

Post a Comment