Wednesday 8 June 2011

Cold Fartlek

Bit chilly today, so for the run got out the $20 Aldi special compression top I bought last week. In matching black shorts I had the "all gear, no idea" look mastered. Wife even commented that I looked "weird" and "even skinnier than usual". But I showed her - and any other people out walking their dogs or driving past who might have laughed at me - by knocking out a pretty decent run at and around Sydney Park. 14km in 59.08 (4:13s) with 4km of fartlek in the middle averaging 3:39s.

Happy enough with that, should have gone longer in the fartlek bit, but that sort of training is always difficult by yourself, and I soon get bored of it. Well that's my excuse anyway.

Couple of small niggles have come on in recent days, should be sorted with a massage early tomorrow morning, and easy day running.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/90958759

No comments:

Post a Comment