Monday 20 June 2011

Pain in the Domain

5.9km fartlek 25:07 (4:15s) plus 8km w'up/down for 14km all up

A long overdue Pain in the Domain session of fartlek - man I love the sound of that word. Decent sized Group 1 today of approx 15 runners, with about 10 finishing. Felt strong the whole way today, and with two other guys (Shaun and ?) we pushed the long rep from near the Opera House gates around to the "other" gate, to run it in 2:03 (its around 710m I think, so 2:53 pace). My quickest long rep in years, plus we finished into a massive headwind, happy enough with that. Overall time for the session was decent, especially given that a couple of recoveries for me and one or two others were slightly longer than usual as we looped around to regroup.

Saw the HuRTS squad a few times while out there (including a near head on collision as we did our gate to gate, but its all good), they were doing long reps of some sort, with a big group and flying as usual. I hear they smash themselves in training, but it seems to be working when you look at their race results. Something I need to start doing in my own training, might jump into one of their sessions one day as lunchtimes suits me at the moment.

Pain in the Domain fartlek

No comments:

Post a Comment