Thursday 16 June 2011

Small taste of speed

13km including 3 x 1km (2 mins recovery) 3:23, 3:18, 3:14. 13km all up 59:33 (4:34s incl recoveries)

Good to finally do something a bit faster, even if it was a short session. Ran the reps on a loop of streets which runs around Petersham Oval, just off Parramatta Road. Undulating loop, which includes a 300m long hill, so the times were okay, and going the right way. Had planned on doing 4, but legs were very heavy from a couple of days in the garden.

Have entered the 5km event as part of Minimos this Sunday - I've run the 10km there a couple of times, and its a bugger of a course, but will drop back to the 5km this year and get back to 10km events in July/August. Last time I ran the 5km there was 2008, and we all measured it around 5.2km, plus a couple of big hills (incl one in the last km...) so I'm not aiming for any time or average pace. Just want to run well, get back into races, and if I can finish towards the front, will be happy. I think I was about 8th or so when I last ran the 5km.

1km reps Petersham Oval

No comments:

Post a Comment